Offering Sedation Dentistry to Patients in Sun City, AZ
Many people experience fear and anxiety when visiting the dentist. That’s why we at Burns Dentistry are proud of offer various forms of sedation dentistry at our office in Sun City, Arizona. Sedation dentistry is utilized to provide a relaxed environment for patients receiving dental treatment. Our qualified professionals, led by Dr. Jerry Burns, provide a range of sedation options to cater to the needs of each patient.
Candidates for Sedation Dentistry
You may benefit from sedation dentistry on your next visit to our office if you have:
- Anxiety during visits to the dentist
- A fear of needles
- A sensitive gag reflex
- Difficulty controlling your movements
- High teeth sensitivity
- Decreased sensitivity to local anesthesia
Patients with physical, cognitive, or behavioral special needs may also benefit from visiting our sedation dentists. Sedation dentistry can also be effective for those undergoing lengthy dental procedures.
Types of Sedation Dentistry We Offer
Based on factors such as your anxiety level, health history, and preference as well as the length of your procedure, we can provide you with one of the following types of sedation dentistry:
- Nitrous oxide – More commonly known as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is administered through a mask or nosepiece and begins working within minutes.
- Oral conscious – This form of sedation is generally given in pill form an hour before beginning the procedure.
- IV sedation – The deepest form of conscious dental sedation, IV sedation is administered directly to the bloodstream. The patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen levels are monitored throughout the procedure.
Receive Treatment in Comfort
At Burns Dentistry, our sedation dentistry services aim to provide a straightforward and stress-free experience for patients who feel anxious about receiving essential dental care. We understand the concerns of nervous individuals and have tailored our services to make the process as simple and comfortable as possible. We invite you to schedule a visit to our Sun City, AZ, office where we can discuss the ideal form of sedation for your needs.