Meet Our Sun City Team in Sun City, Arizona
The team at our Sun City dental office is the best of the best – a team of dedicated professionals who maintain a compassionate and knowledgeable demeanor to put you at ease. At our Sun City dental office, we maintain our education and use only the latest technology to provide advanced dentistry and the best results. Get to know your team and read their bios below!
Lisa Kubik, DMD
B.S. Marketing, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
DMD, Midwestern University
Achievements / Awards
Guest Lecturer at Midwestern University- Glendale, AZ
Dean’s Research Award – 2018
Community Service Award – 2016
President of the Midwestern University Student Research Group – 2016
Kenneth A. Suarez Dentsply Research Award – 2015
Richard Holley, DDS
Degree graduate of the University of Arizona and the University of Colorado. Advanced General Dentistry degree from the University of Missouri. Studied at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advance Dental Studies, learning the most advanced techniques in cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry.
Achievements / Awards
Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry at the youngest age on record, and has since been honored by his peers by being elected President of the Arizona Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Michael Dodd
Dr. Dodd practices general dentistry with a focus on aesthetics. He can provide the latest cosmetic procedures, including teeth whitening, porcelain veneers & crowns. Dr. Dodd graduated from the University of Colorado School of Dentistry in 1999 & has additional training from the prestigious KOIS institute in Seattle, Washington. He was born & raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, & has been practicing in Arizona since 1999. He enjoys giving back to the community by volunteering at St. Vincent De Paul, is a nonprofit focused on providing individual care, nourishment & resources to those in need. Dr. Dodd’s interests include tennis, mountain biking & motorcycle track riding.
DDS-University of Colorado
Punahou High School
Achievements and Awards:
Dr. Mike Kleeman
I was born and raised in Long Island, NY. I was raised by two doctors; my mother is an allergy/immunology specialist, and my dad is an orthopedic surgeon. I completed my undergraduate degree at Binghamton University, where I was a member of their Division I Wrestling program. After graduating from college, I held various positions, mainly in the outdoor / fitness industry. After leaving upstate New York, I moved to Colorado and California before moving to NYC to attend graduate school at NYU. Shortly after, I met my eventual wife Arielle and together moved to Buffalo, New York, where I attended the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. I then completed a residency program at the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health Advanced Care Clinic, where I received advanced training in digital dentistry and implantology.
Binghamton University-BA in Biology
New York University-Advanced Certificate in Clinical Research
University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine-DDS degree-Minor in Prosthodontics-Outstanding Dental Student in Implant Dentistry Award; Awarded by The Academy of Osseointegration
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ASDOH)-Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency
Post Residency Training
Phelan Seminars Guided Bone Regeneration Study Club
Phelan Seminars Occlusion Design Study Club
Global Diagnosis Education Study Club
Implant Pathway Alumnus / AEGD Program Faculty Member
Alyssa – Registered Dental Hygienist
Originally from Arizona, Alyssa earned her Associate Applied Science in Dental Assisting in 2008, Associate Applied Science in Dental Hygiene in 2012, and her Bachelor’s of Science in Dental Hygiene in 2013. She has more than twelve years of experience in the dental field, and has been with Burns Dentistry for two years.
Get to know Alyssa:
When she isn’t working, Alyssa loves spending time with her family, two huskies, and three cats, Alyssa also loves to sing. She’s been married for seven years, and together they enjoy traveling and going to new places. Alyssa also listed to sing, and collects knives.
- Favorite Color: Purple, Teal, and Black
- Favorite Movie: The Greatest Showman
- Favorite Quote: “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
- Hidden Talent: She has won the Hu Friedy Golden Scaler Award.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: The beach
Sylwia – Dental Assistant
Born in Poland, Sylwia came to the United States when she was 2 years old. She grew up in Illinois and moved to Arizona 2 years ago. After she started assisting, she decided that was the career she wanted to grow in. She has thirteen years of experience as a dental assistant, and has a Dental Assisting Certification, Phlebotomy Certification, and Radiation Certification.
Get to know Sylwia:
In her spare time, she loves the outdoors – hiking, camping, traveling, and offroading.She loves to cook and bake in her spare time. She has one furbaby, her husky named Nala.
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman, Jumanji, The Great Gatsby
- Favorite Quote: “Believe you can and you are halfway there”
- Hidden Talent: She is fluent in Polish and rides motorcycles
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Europe
Jessica L – Dental Assistant
Jessica is an Arizona native. has been working in the dental field since 2015, and has held a phlebotomy certification since 2018. She has been with Burn Dentistry for over three years.
Get to know Jessica:
Jessica likes to go running, baking, and decorating. She’s also an animal lover, and has two dogs of her own. Even though she’s an Arizona native, she’s never been to the Grand Canyon.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Movie: A Star Is Born
- Favorite Quote: “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal”
- Hidden Talent: She was on a traveling jump rope team.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Thailand, Bora Bora, Bali, or Italy
Samantha – Dental Assistant
Samantha was born and raised in Blythe,CA and moved to Buckeye 3 years ago. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, doing her makeup, and watching her little brother play baseball on the weekends with her family.
- Favorite Color: Pink and Teal
- Favorite Movie: Juwanna Man, She’s the Man, and Step Up
- Favorite Quote: “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.”
- Fun Fact: She likes to play in slow pitch tournaments
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Bora Bora
Natalie – Sterile Technician
Natalie is the youngest child born and raised in Arizona. Since her birthday is during the summer, she always spends it traveling to other places.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Movie: Clueless
- Favorite Quote: “ Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth!”
- Hidden Talent: Singing
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: South Korea
Susan – Hygiene Administrator
Susan is originally from Sacramento, CA. She moved to England when she was five years old, and moved to Tucson, AZ when she was twelve years old. She raised six children in Tucson, and currently resides in Surprise. She has a Career Diploma in Medical Billing and Coding, and has more than thirty years in customer service.
Get to know Susan:
When Susan isn’t at work, she loves to bake/decorate cakes, especially for her grandkids. She also enjoys rollerblading.
- Favorite Color: Teal
- Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, Seven
- Favorite Quote: “What does not kill me makes me stronger”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She enjoys rollerblading.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Maui! Anywhere with beautiful white sand beaches and warm water!
Shari – Doctor Administrator
Originally from Massachusetts, Shari moved to Arizona when she was seven years old. Shari received her education from Apollo College, and has completed Office Manager Training with the Academy of Craniofacial Pain, Anatomage CBCT Training, and is a TMJ Certified Dental Assistant. She has worked in the dental field for 18 years, and has been with Burns Dentistry just shy of one year.
Get to know Shari:
When she’s not at work, she loves cheering on the New England Patriots, and of course the Cardinals. She and her husband have two children, 5 dogs, and two cats.
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Movie: Beaches
- Favorite Quote: “Push Yourself Because No One Else Is Going To Do It For You”
- Hidden Talent: She loves to Rollerskate
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Iceland
Mareena – Doctor Administrator
Mareena started her journey in the dental industry in 2014. She attended Baldwin High School on Maui, and earned her certificate of dental assisting through Academy for Dental Assisting Careers. She is also CPR certified.
Get to know Mareena:
Mareena is originally from Hawaii, but moved to Arizona three years ago. When she’s not at work, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and exploring new places.
- Favorite Color: Hachi
- Favorite Movie: Green
- Favorite Quote: “Everything happens for a reason”
- Fun Fact: I have been to 16 states, Bahamas, Mexico, St. Thomas, and Tortola.
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: Would like to see all 50 states, Japan and Europe!
Taylor – Support Center
Taylor is originally from Surprise, AZ. She has been in the dental field for more than ten years, and has a Dental Assistant Certification, and Medical Billing and Coding Certification.
Get to know Taylor:
Taylor’s hobbies include mountain biking, and having movie and game nights with her family. She loves to watch baseball, and her favorite team is the Washington Nationals. Taylor has one daughter who is six years old, and a dog mom to an eight year old Rottie Australian Shepherd mix.
- Favorite Color: Turquoise
- Favorite Movie: The Lion King (1994 version)
- Favorite Quote: “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game”
- Hidden Talent: She and her daughter are the babies of her family, of 21 grandchildren, and 22 great grandchildren.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Bora Bora
Juliana – Support Center
Get to know Juliana:
She loves anything outdoors and enjoy reading. She likes to travel to new places and learn new things.
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Movie: Step Brothers
- Favorite Quote: “If you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready”
- Fun Fact: She is an identical twin.
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: Egypt
KariAnn – Support Center
Get to know KariAnn:
I am happily married with two beautiful children. When I am not working I love to spend time with my family and friends, boating, hiking, dancing and traveling, off roading.
- Favorite Color: Changes with the seasons
- Favorite Movie: Dirty dancing
- Favorite Quote: “No matter what happens be proud of yourself darling”- my mom
- Fun Fact: Slalom water ski
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: Costa Rica or Japan