Meet Our Sun City West Team in Sun City West, Arizona
The team at our Sun City West dental office is the best of the best – a team of dedicated professionals who maintain a compassionate and knowledgeable demeanor to put you at ease. At Burns Dentistry, we maintain our education and use only the latest technology to provide advanced dentistry and the best results. Get to know your team and read their bios below!
Jerry Burns, DDS
B.S., DDS, from Indiana University, Graduate of the world renown Spear Institute for advanced dental studies Graduate of PAC Live, Graduate of the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for advanced dentistry and cosmetics, Graduate of Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, Fellow of the International Dental Implant Association.
Achievements / Awards
Past member of the Spear faculty teaching and educating doctors from all over the world in cosmetics and rebuilding healthy functional smiles.
Jeffrey Erickson, DDS
With more than a decade of experience, Dr. Jeffrey Erickson brings his small town work ethic to his passion for the art of dentistry, and the positive impact he can make in his patient’s health. As a second generation doctor, he understands that both skill and compassion are required for exceptional patient care. He recognizes the trust that patients place in him and his dental team, and appreciates every patient relationship for this reason.
Aaron Holtan, DMD
Dr. Aaron Holtan is one of the newest doctors to join the team at our Sun City West office. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Exercise Science with a concentration in Sports Medicine from Colorado State University, and a Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences (M.A.) degree from Midwestern University.
The people aspect of dentistry is what Dr. Holtan enjoys the most, building relationships with his patients. He enjoys helping patients get out of pain, or transforming their smile and helping them regain their confidence.
Haleigh – Registered Dental Hygienist
Originally from San Diego, Haleigh has called Arizona home since 2005. She earned her Associate of Applied Science and Dental Hygiene Associate degrees from Carrington College in Arizona. Haleigh has more than ten years of dental experience, including five years of dental hygiene experience.
Get to know Haleigh:
Haleigh has a wonderful husband named Jack, and they have two cavapoos named Emmie and Moose. Together, they’re both huge ASU fans, and love going to football games and tailgating.
- Favorite Color: Black
- Favorite Movie: Home Alone
- Favorite Quote: “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She is the oldest of five children.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Anywhere in Europe
Felicia – Dental Hygienist
Get to know Felicia:
Felicia was born and raised here in AZ, loves spending time with her family and friends, going to the movies, hiking, scrapbooking and concerts. She have 3 Weimaraners and a Mini Pin that keep her busy on the day to day. She has a 2 year old niece who she loves to take out and do new things with like Disney on ice or the zoo. Her favorite holiday is Halloween. Felicia and her high school sweetheart just bought a new house and are remodeling it themselves.
- Favorite Color: Maroon / Black
- Favorite Movie: Harry Potter
- Favorite Quote: “Life is beautiful.”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She has a 300 gallon saltwater fish tank.
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: Hawaii or Bora Bora
Elizabeth – Hygiene Assistant
Get to know Elizabeth:
Elizabeth (Ellie) has been in the dental field for 7 years, and enjoys what she does, changing patients’ smiles. She is originally from Chicago, born and raised, moved to California 8 years ago and recently moved to Arizona. She is very outgoing and works well with others. She loves to learn daily work tasks. She has 3 siblings, 2 brothers and a sister. She enjoys spending time with her family when she goes back home, or when they come visit. She is very crafty and enjoys making new projects. You can find her by a beach or in her backyard with her puppies Noelle and Fiance.
- Favorite Color: Teal
- Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid
- “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about” -Marilyn Monroe
- Fun Fact: She used to competitively swim from the age of 4-20.
Heidi – Dental Assistant
Heidi was born and raised in Arizona. She graduated from the Dental Assisting program at Bryman College, and has more than seven years experience in the dental field. She has been with Burns Dentistry for over one year.
Get to know Heidi:
Outside of work, Heidi enjoys shopping, working out, traveling, and spending time with her husband and their two children.
- Favorite Color: Gold or Black
- Favorite Movie: Step Brothers
- Favorite Quote: “Let’s rock this day!”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She held the record for most stolen bases at her high school for over three years.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Mykonos, Greece
Sarah – Dental Assistant
Originally from New Mexico, Sarah attended the University of New Mexico, and PIMA Medical Institute in Denver. She has been a Dental Assistant since 2016, and joined the Burns Dentistry team one year ago.
Get to know Sarah:
When she’s not working, Sarah enjoys spending time in the outdoors, reading, painting, cooking, playing with her toy Aussie, Ladybug, and cheering on the Denver Broncos.
- Favorite Color: Red and Turquoise
- Favorite Movie: The Apple Dumpling Gang
- Favorite Quote: “Rest at the end, not in the middle”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She enjoys eating spicy food.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: The Maldives or Bali
Karli – Dental Assistant
Originally from Indiana, Karlie earned a Psychology, Bachelor of Science degree from Northern Arizona University, and her Dental Assisting Certificate from Carrington College. She has two years of experience in the dental industry, and recently joined the Burns Dentistry team.
Get to know Karli:
In her free time, Karlie likes to read, and loves traveling. She’s been to Australia, New Zealand, and Nicaragua.
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings
- Favorite Quote: “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Thailand or Japan
Megan – Dental Assistant
Megan is originally from Houston, TX. She attended the Dental Assistant Academy, and holds certifications in CPR, and Phlebotomy. Megan has eight years of experience, and has been with Burns Dentistry for the last four years.
Get to know Megan:
In her spare time, she enjoys photography, cooking, baking, and waiting in line at Starbucks.
- Favorite Color: Rose Gold
- Favorite Quote: “Life is good because I decided to make it that way.”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: Megan loves everything pumpkin spice.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: England
Jessica – Sterile Technician
Get to know Jessica:
Jessica was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, She enjoys going to the gym and hiking when the weather in nice outside! She has a daughter who keeps her busy. They spend a lot of time going out and finding things to do!
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Movie/ Show: Greys Anatomy
- Favorite Quote: “You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.”
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Thailand, Greece and Bali
Debbie Jo – Concierge
Debbie Jo graduated from Glendale Community College, and also has her Arizona Cosmetology license. She joined the Burns Dentistry team two years ago.
Get To Know Debbie Jo:
Debbie Jo is a native Arizonan. When she’s not helping patients at our Sun City West office, she loves to shop, play sports, and spend time with her family.
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Movie: The Count of Monte Cristo
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Greece or Italy
Charity -Treatment Coordinator
Originally from Washington, Charity studied at Glendale Community College and Mesa Chairside Dental Academy. She has an Associates Degree in Dental Assisting and Business Communication, and continued education and training through the Scheduling Institute, Grant Cardone University, and Ritz Carlton. Charity has more than 17 years of experience in the dental industry, and has been with Burns Dentistry for four years.
Get To Know Charity:
Outside of work, Charity is involved in dog rescue, and other volunteering. She is a mother of three amazing sons, and has three dogs and one cat (who thinks he’s a dog). She enjoys spending time with her family, watching movies, bowling, playing pool, watching basketball, and cheering on her favorite football team, the Seattle Seahawks.
- Favorite Color: Blue or Black
- Favorite Movie: Step Brothers and Forrest Gump
- Favorite Quote: “Be somebody who make everybody feel like a somebody”
- Hidden Talent: She barrel raced horses in the rodeo, and has an orange belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Her cousin played the role of “Booger” in the Revenge of the Nerds movie series.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: Hawaii
Jessica – Hygiene Administrator
Originally from Chicago, IL, Jessica graduated from high school in Glendale. Her experience includes more than 25 years in sales and customer service. She has been a part of the Burns Dentistry team for three years.
Get To Know Jessica:
- Favorite Color: Black
- Favorite Movie: Empire Records
- Favorite Quote: “A team that trusts is a team that triumphs!”
- Hidden Talent/Fun Fact: She can name all Capitals of the 50 states.
- If she could travel anywhere, It would be: London
Mariah – Doctor Administrator
Get to know Mariah:
Mariah loves to spend time with her puppies Laia and Chubbs. She also loves to travel and hike. Her favorite foods are tacos and fried sushi.
- Favorite Color: Light Purple
- Favorite Movie: Nightmare before christmas
- Favorite Quote: “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -Winnie the Pooh
- Fun Fact: She played softball for 6 years
- If she could travel anywhere, it would be: Cancun, Mexico